Win With Reading
Lenox Elementary is starting its 26TH year of Win with Reading. The reading incentive program encourages students to read at home and earn lots of great prizes! This year’s program will begin on FRIDAY, December 21st, and end Friday, April 19th.
This program is based on READING DONE AT HOME. As long as you are reading away from school, it counts. Does your teacher require you to read at home? That time counts! You can read anything you want: books, magazines, newspapers, comic books, etc. Just follow these simple steps:
- Students need to keep track of the time they read, or are read to, on the correct recording sheet (additional sheets available in the Library or can be printed out here: K-3rd or 4th-6th).
- Intermediate students MUST LIST THE TITLES OF THE BOOKS THEY READ.
- Have a parent or guardian sign the sheet when complete. Sheets must be signed or they will NOT be counted.
- Return the completed sheets to the box by the Library. Remember to fill out all the information before turning in the sheets. Incomplete sheets WILL NOT count.
- Pick up a new sheet in the Library.
- Sheets turned in during the week will be collected on Fridays. Prizes will be awarded the following week. We will begin prize distribution on Friday, January 18th.
Parents, if you notice that two or more weeks have passed and your child has not received the appropriate prize, contact Rachel Stoffregen (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately. Due to supply issues, prizes cannot be awarded after the program has ended.
Prize levels are as follows:
LEVEL PRIMARY INTERMEDIATE PRIZE
Level 1 10 hours 15 hours Ring Pop
Level 2 20 hours 30 hours Surprise
Level 3 30 hours 45 hours Surprise
Level 4 40 hours 60 hours Book from the Book Fair
Level 5 50 hours 75 hours Party!
Please note that the highest reading level prize will be awarded after the program has ended so that all who have earned the prize can participate.
Questions can be emailed to email@example.com
Win with Reading Party
The final prize level is a fun filled party for our top readers! If your child read either 50 hours or 75 hours, depending on their grade, then they will receive an invitation to the party. We cannot wait to celebrate with all of our amazing readers! We will update this space once the details are set.
- Friday, October 19
- Thursday, October 25
- Friday, October 26
- Friday, November 2
- Monday, November 5
- Tuesday, November 6
- Thursday, November 8
- Friday, November 9